Home | Portfolio | Who Am I | Art | Multimedia | Installations
Cat Chow | Raggedy Ann Collection | Resume | E-Mail

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Let's go to the Movies! 

Trina & Grandma Chan, sporting the 3D glasses

This past Friday was my Maternal Grandma's 84th Birthday. I had already planned on spending the day with her and taking her out to lunch, but Thursday morning, I called her with a radical idea:

I asked her if she would like it if I took her out to see a movie for her birthday. :)

In all my years, I can't remember my Grandma (or Grandpa) ever going out to see a movie in a theater. They were always happy watching TV at home, and later, watching movies on their TV through VHS tapes or DVDs. I'm sure that they thought going out to a movie theater was too much of a hassle and too expensive.

Earlier this week, I went out to see "How to Train Your Dragon" in 3D with a friend of mine in San Francisco. I really liked it, and it struck me that this was a movie that my Grandma would really enjoy. Plus, the 3D was really neat, and I thought she'd get a kick out of it.

So, I asked Grandma what she thought of the idea, and I didn't really know what she would say. She had already heard about the movie, and was excited to see it! I also invited my parents to come with us, as they were already planning to have lunch with us, and they wanted to see the movie, too.

So, Friday late morning, we met up with my parents for an early lunch, then went over to the movie theater together.

The moment that we stepped into the theater's lobby is one I won't forget: It had been so many years since my Grandma had been in a theater, that as soon as she walked in, she stopped, and looked around in amazement. Imagine how different movie theaters are now from what they were like in Stockton a few decades ago!

We figured my Grandma may not have been to see a movie in a theater since perhaps the 1950s, 1960s at the latest. She asked me if they still showed double features, sneak previews, or new reels.

I tried to think of some of the differences that had happened since she'd last been: commercials before the movie, movie previews, stadium seating, and much improved 3D technology. :)

The whole experience was pretty magical, I think, for both of us. She really enjoyed the movie, and I enjoyed sharing it with her. This may be the start of something new that we do together! :)

Grandma, Mom and Dad!

One other funny note of the day: I treated my Grandma and both of my parents to the movie. I thought it was really funny that all 3 of them qualified for the Senior Discount! So, yes, that was 1 adult, and 3 senior tickets! :)

Labels: ,

Friday, March 26, 2010

My Afternoon in Stockton 

I had a very interesting afternoon yesterday in Stockton. It's been a few weeks since I'd last been to visit my Grandma, and I wanted to spend some quality time with her. My Dad usually spends a couple of days a week with her, and I planned my visit so that we would overlap.

Our day started out in the usual way - we met my Uncle Wes for lunch at our favorite Dim Sum restaurant, China Palace. Yum.

Dad, Uncle Wes and Grandma

After lunch, my Dad, Grandma and I went to do some grocery shopping at my new favorite (and cheap!) grocery store: WinCo!

We love Winco!

Here's when the interesting part of the day came.

We are in the midst of observing the "Ching Ming". I am learning that The Ching Ming Festival is an opportunity for celebrants to remember and honor their ancestors at grave sites.

More here on wikipedia

We went to the cemetery where my Grandpa's ashes are interred on Sunday. I didn't blog about it, as it was very similar to when we went to honor him on his birthday a couple of weeks ago. My Cousin Bruce write a small account of it here.

Anyhow, while we were in Stockton, my Grandma took my Dad and I to the Chinese Cemetery in Stockton where many of our family and friends are buried. On our way there, we stopped at a CentrOMart along the way to pick up some flowers to bring to the graves. While we were at the grocery store, I took this photo from the butcher counter. I found it interesting to find these items at the butcher counter of a traditional grocery store - I had only seen them before at Asian markets.

Pork Ears, Snouts and Tails (they also had plenty of other interesting items!

It turns out that the CentrOMart was only across the street from the high school that my parents attended - Edison High. I'm sure they've drove me past it before, but I couldn't remember, so my Dad drove by so I could take this photo!

Edison High School

Since we were in the neighborhood, my Dad decided to drive past his old house (my Grandparent's first house in Stockton, where they lived from 1951-1971). My Dad and Grandma were very pleased to see how well the current owners have taken care of it. The house and yard looked beautiful!

The Old Howard Street House

Next, we drove a couple of miles to find my Mom's old house. Again, I'm sure they have shown these houses to me before when I was a kid, but I don't remember them. I'm so glad we were able to do it yesterday!

Unfortunately, my Mom's old house isn't kept up quite as well as my Dad's old house.

My Mom's old house

Just around the corner from my Mom's old house is the Junior High School where my parents went. Pretty cool, huh? Remember, my parents had gone to school together (and had been dating the whole time!) since they were in 6th grade!

My Mom and Dad's Junior High School

We eventually made our way to the Chinese Cemetery. I don't think I've been here in 10-15 years. I was happy that I had the chance to go with my Grandma and my Dad yesterday.

The Chinese Cemetery

My Grandmother's Father was buried here when he died in 1961. I didn't know until yesterday that he was only the 2nd person buried here in the Chinese Cemetery. That would explain why his tombstone is in the front row.

My Grandma loved her father very much, and was very close to him. Unfortunately, he passed away fairly young. He was only 55. My Dad was only 13 when his Grandfather passed away.

We brought flowers, and bowed at the site of his grave. I was so glad to have the opportunity to participate in honoring him yesterday.

My Great Grandfather's tombstone

We also went to visit the grave site of my Great Grandmother, who passed way in 1991. I was fortunate to grow up knowing her.

Great Grandma's tombstone

It was a long, and very interesting afternoon. My Dad had wanted to show me the prison oops! jail (big difference!) where he was once arrested (!) but we ran out of time. Another day, another story, another blog post!

We went back to Grandma's house so she could rest for a couple of hours, before heading out to dinner.

We went to a new family favorite restaurant across town. (Can't remember the name of it right now.) My Grandmother knows the owners (my Grandma knows everyone!), and we really like the food.

I took a photo of my Grandma and my Dad, along with two of the owners of the restaurant.

Dinner Time

What a nice afternoon. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to experience this day with my Grandma and my Dad. I feel so lucky to have had the chance to go to these special places with them, and to learn more about each of them, and their lives.


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hamburgers, Hot Dogs & S'mores with the Cousins! 

Tonight was "Cousins Night"!

The five cousins, along with our spouses, significant others, and kids got together at our house for dinner tonight.

Dick barbecued the hamburgers and hot dogs (okay, chicken apple sausages). It was such a nice day out (low 70s in SF) that we had planned an outdoor BBQ, but then the SF chilly evening came, and we all decided to eat indoors instead....

Cousins Dinner!

...except for the two little ones, who decided they wanted to stay outside, and brave the elements!

Brave, cold girls!

The highlight of the evening came when we all ventured back outside to roast marshmallows over the fire pit to make s'mores!

Here's where's the shocking truth came out:

It turns out that somehow, I've never made s'mores before! Apparently, I'm the only one in my family who has never participated in this age-old tradition. Go figure!

Cousin Bruce shows his two youngest how it's done!

And yes, you can't really see it, but there is a flame there. We have a gas fire bowl in our backyard. It was a bit windy out, so I had it turned on very low so we wouldn't have to worry about any stray, dancing flames.

Bruce & Robin's three girls

Kenneth & Cheri

Trying to roast marshmallows over the low flames

My First S'more!


Sunday, March 07, 2010

In Honor of Grandpa's Birthday 

Today would have been my Grandpa Chow's 88th Birthday.

Our family met today at the Memorial Park where he was interred. (we've been back on several occasions already, so this wasn't the first time.)

My Grandma is so good about following the traditions passed to her by her ancestors, and she has done such a good job of teaching and passing these traditions down to her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

I hesitated asking if I could take this photo, but Grandma said it was okay. I thought it would be good to document what it is that we do for these occasions. I know the symbolism of some of the items, and am still learning what other things mean.

We always present the basics: incense, a chicken, roasted pork, three bowls of rice, and three small cups filled with whiskey. I should look up the meaning behind each of these items, but I do know that the three bowls of rice and cups of whiskey are offerings to the gods. The oranges and tangerines symbolize luck and wealth. The other items - the dim-sum and bao were some of Grandpa's favorites. We also had cookies (with birthday candles!) for his birthday. The tradition of presenting all of this food is so that the deceased can enjoy their favorite foods.

I learned about another specific part of the tradition today. I've always known that the chicken head should face forward - towards the grave. I learned today that you also pull off the bottom part of the beak of the chicken and break off the tips of the wings. My Auntie told me today that the reason why you break off the bottom of the beak is so the chicken cannot talk badly about your family. :)

After we offer the food, we burn (fake) money (so we can send them money in the afterlife), and more incense.

I really value the traditions that my Grandma has passed along to our family. I've learned that these are Old-World traditions, which are still regularly practiced in the rural Southern Villages in China where our family is from. As people move to more urban areas, they stop following many of these traditions, which I think is a shame. It seems like such an important tie to one's culture and heritage.


Friday, February 26, 2010

Grandpa Chan's Egg Foo Young 

My Maternal Grandfather used to make the best Egg Foo Young. He didn't cook for us very often, so when he did, it was a real treat.

I don't make it very often, but every time I do, I wonder why I don't cook it more frequently. It's so easy, and it's so yummy. It also makes me think of him, and that always makes me happy. :)

I don't have the recipe written down (as is probably par-for-course for family recipes), so I just try to remember it off the top of my head.

Here's the recipe as I made it tonight. It turned out pretty well, so I figured it would be a good time to jot it down, while it's still fresh in my memory.

It's super easy, and really delicious.

I make it in a vegetarian style, but you could always add chopped up Chinese sausage, chicken or shrimp. :)

Grandpa Chan's Egg Foo Young

1/2 large white onion - chopped (about 1 cup)
4 stalks of celery - chopped
2 eggs - beaten
about 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth
about 1 Tb cornstarch
Vegetable Oil

Chop the celery and onion, and put them into a large bowl
Beat the eggs, then mix in with the celery and onion.

Heat a non-stick skillet (trust me, I learned the hard way) on medium/high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom (maybe 1 Tbsp)

Spoon the egg/celery/onion mixture into the pan by using 1/2 cup measuring cup.

Cook for about 3 minutes (I'm guessing on the timing here, but long enough for the egg to set, and be brown on the underside.)

Flip, and cook the other side.

Remove the egg pancakes, and keep them warm in a warm oven.

Add more oil, and repeat.

I had 5 pancakes total tonight.

Dilute the cornstarch in the chicken broth in a small bowl.

Pour the cornstarch/chicken broth liquid into the same pan that you've been cooking the egg pancakes in. Stir for a minute or so, until the liquid becomes a nice, thick gravy.

Pour the gravy over the egg pancakes, and serve. :)

It's super easy, and pretty quick.


(and thanks, Grandpa!)

Here's a photo that I found from our Family's Chinese New Year Dinner, 2007. This was the last time that Grandpa made his Egg Foo Young for us. (he passed away in December of that year.)
Looks like he added Green Onions to the top of it. I'll have to remember that for next time I make it. I love green onions. His is also saucier than mine was tonight. Next time, I'll make more sauce, too! :)

Grandpa Chan's Egg Foo Young

...and here's another picture from that day, just 'cause it makes me happy. :)

Grandpa Chan and Tiffini, 2007

Labels: ,

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things I've meaning to blog about... 

well, it doesn't seem like it's been more than a week since my last post...

It's funny - when I'm out and about, I'm constantly thinking about things that I can write about. Sometimes my random thoughts only make it to my Facebook status, sometimes I remember to take a photo, and sometimes my thoughts make it all the way to my blog.

There are several things I've been meaning to write about - I've had a lot of fun outings lately - but alas, I didn't find the time to sit down and blog about them.

I did, however, take several photos over the past couple of weeks to share. Wish I had more. Somehow, I managed to spend 4 days visiting friends in Seattle without ever thinking of taking a photos! drat.

Nonetheless, here are a few things that I have done lately...

Andrew and I went to the Contemporary Jewish Museum a few weeks back to see the Maurice Sendak Exhibit. It was really fantastic. I was only familiar with "Where the Wild Things Are", but Andrew was very knowledgeable on several books and artwork. We had a great time examining several beautiful original illustrations.

A few days later, I made my way down to San Jose to have a long-overdue visit with my dear friend, Kimi. We had a late lunch (yummy dumplings) then went back to the school so I could have a quick visit with her two boys before I had to leave. It was SO nice seeing all of them!

Uncle Wes with "Bad Boy"

Last Thursday, I went to Stockton for the afternoon with my Sister and her boyfriend. We went to visit my Grandma, and to take her out to lunch and run some errands. The first thing we saw when we pulled up to the house was my Uncle Wes and his new motorcycle (named "Bad Boy"). I've never seen a motorcycle quite like this one. So pretty! I was too intimidated by Bad Boy to even sit in the seat!

We had a yummy dim sum lunch at China Palace, our favorite Chinese restaurant in Stockton. Delish!

While we were out and about, Grandma took us to Winco - a grocery store in Stockton, which is apparently a chain, although we don't have any in the Bay Area. I've been hearing about Winco for years from all of my Grandparents who lived in Stockton, but I had never been. Now, I know what I've been missing! They really do have amazing prices - many things (like cereal) were less than half the price of what they would be at another grocery store - especially in SF. Really great deals, good quality merchandise - I'll be back!

Tiff and Graham at the fantastically inexpensive bulk food bins

That evening, we drove to Sacrament to see a performance of "Rent". The tour closed this past Sunday (3 days after we saw it) and it was the last production of the show after nearly 20 years. Two of the original stars from the Broadway production were on this tour (Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp, playing Mark and Roger). It was pretty amazing to have the opportunity to see them, and hear the voices that I've listened to on the Broadway soundtrack for so long.

And finally, a cute photo of Noe giving her Daddy some kitten love while he was working on his laptop. :)

Labels: , ,

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas in January 

My sister, and her boyfriend, Graham, have both been away from home for almost a year. They left on the first of February of last year, and moved to Las Vegas for work (temporarily) then my sister had another job on the road, which she just returned from earlier this week.

Because of this, they were both away on Christmas. Our immediate family decided to wait until they got home for the 6 of us to celebrate Christmas together. My parents even kept up their Christmas tree, and all of their decorations (inside and out) just for them! (my parents are usually sticklers to putting all the Christmas decorations away before the first of the year, so this was a pretty big deal for them! You can be that they'll start putting it all away tomorrow!)

So, we finally had our family Christmas together this afternoon. :)

Chow Christmas in January!

After we opened all of the gifts, we went out for the traditional Christmas-in-January meal: Baja Cactus on Main Street, Milpitas! Yum!

Dinner at Baja Cactus!

My main present to my sister and Graham was a painting that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks. They just moved into a new home late last year, and are finally having a chance to really live there and settle in. I've been promising a painting to my sister for years (yes, years....) and really wanted to be able to give her one for her new place.

My latest painting

It's a fairly large painting. I forgot to measure it, but I'd say it's around 48" long, and probably about 30" high. It's 3 panels - my first triptic. :)

The two birds in the painting are meant to be her two cockatiels - Crissy and Bonsai. Crissy will turn 30(!) years old next month - we've had her since she was 6 weeks old! Dick and I took care of the birds at our house for the past year while my sister was away. It was nice bonding with them again.

I haven't painted in so long. I'm always amazed once I start a new project, just how much I love the process of painting! Now that I've got my studio set up in our backyard, I'm determined to get out there and paint more often! It feels so great to be painting again!

Labels: ,

Friday, January 15, 2010

Party in the Backyard!! 

My sister just came back after having been away for almost a year! She
came by today to say "hi" and to pick up her birdies (who have been
staying with us while she was gone).

5 minutes before she came, Bruce and the girls came over for a visit!
It's a big, impromptu party!

We all went to hang out in the backyard for a while to catch up. Big


Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!! 

Merry Christmas from my parent's house!!

Labels: ,

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Dinner at Grandma's 

I'm back in Stockton, spending time with my Grandma. Here's tonight's
dinner. Yum!


Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Photos in my Grandpa's Wallet 

I'm spending a couple of days with my Grandma - keeping her company,
and trying to help out around the house.

I brought my computer and scanner along with me, hoping to have time
to scan a lot of old family photos at high resolution.

I'm going through a box full of photos from the last 60+ years. Pretty
amazing. Some of them I had scanned about 15 years ago for my Multi-
Media Family Tree project. At the time, scanners and computers were
much slower and I didn't have the time or drive capacity to scan them
at high res. So now, I'm going back and rescanning as many as I can.

I just found a little packet of wallet sized photos that my Grandpa
kept in his wallet. I never knew he had this.

In it are photos spanning back to 1947. He had photos of his Mother,
his Great Grandmother, his wedding to my Grandma, a portrait of her,
his kids (as kids in the 50s), each of his Grandchildren, his Great
Granddaughter, and a family portrait from 1982.

I'm pretty overwhelmed learning that Grandpa kept these photos with
him all the time.

How is it I keep finding reasons to love my Grandpa even more than I
already did?


Monday, November 23, 2009

Introducing "Chico"! 

I've been meaning to post this picture for a few days.
When I was in Stockton last week, my cousin, Bruce, drove up with his three daughters (who I refer to as my nieces, which I understand can be a bit confusing).

Chico is the latest member of their family.

You see, Youngest (Bruce likes to keep the names of his daughters private, so he refers to them as Eldest, Middle and Youngest) has been wanting a pet dog for a while. Unfortunately, Bruce's current position requires him to travel a lot, and the family agreed early on that they would not be able to get a new pet until after this position ends (next summer). Poor Youngest - she has had a pet dog and a pet rat, but she wasn't quite old enough at the time to really enjoy them. Now that she's older, she's ready to have a pet, but will have to wait a bit longer.

The compromise:

Chico is a stuffed-animal life-sized dog that Youngest convinced her Mom to buy. He's adorable, and apparently, goes everywhere with them (which is why I had the pleasure of meeting Chico in Stockton). Chico is always waiting by the front door when the family comes home, and he rides in the back seat, with his head between the two youngest girls when they go out for a drive. He even has his own collar! He's clean, cute, obedient and always happy! What more could you want from a pet?

I told Bruce that he only needs to really worry if we ever see Youngest taking Chico for a walk around the neighborhood. ;)


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Observing Chinese Mourning Traditions 

I believe I am correct in saying that my Grandmother is the person in Stockton who people in the Chinese community call to ask questions about traditional rituals regarding births, weddings and funerals. My Grandma is a wealth of information, and these traditions are very important to her.

My family and I are learning about many of these traditions, trying our best to follow all of them. Some I knew about, and many I didn't.

I know that these traditions may be different for different families. These are the traditions that my Grandmother and my family will follow in honor to mourn the death of my Grandfather:

For the next 30 days, we will not wear anything with the colors red, or pink. We also must not wear anything with floral prints.

We will not attend any kind of celebrations for the next month: no parties, weddings, or social gatherings.

For the 3-days of funeral-related events, we will not wear watches or jewelry. (wedding bands are acceptable.)

I spent the day in Stockon today. My cousin and my niece (my cousin's eldest daughter) assisted our Great Aunties in assembling the red and white envelopes. The white envelop contained a piece of hard candy as well as some denomination of money. (in our case, a quarter.) The red envelope contains money as well.

The envelopes are given to people who will come to the house to pay their respect. They must eat the candy before they leave - the sweetness of the candy is meant to take away the bitterness of the death. The money is meant to be spent on something sweet as well. It must be spent, and not saved.

We had quite an assembly line going between the 6 of us, and assembled about 750 envelops in total. They will also be distributed at the funeral.

I am proud that my Grandmother continues these traditions, and honored that she is passing them along to each of us.


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In Loving Memory of Chuck Chow 

March 7, 1922 - November 18, 2009

Chuck Chow

The world lost a great man today.
My Grandpa, Chuck Chow, passed away peacefully late this morning, surrounded by his loved ones, at the age of 87.

My Grandpa lived an extraordinary life - it was very full, very fulfilled, and full of love.

Grandpa celebrating his 87th Birthday with his children, his wife, and his Great-Granddaughters

I'm not sure if my Memory or knowledge of his life is entirely accurate, but this is how I remember it:

Chuck Chow was born on March 7, 1922. He was adopted by a family in a small Chinese Village in Southern China who did not have a son. He was raised by his mother, his Grandmother and his Great Grandmother. He went to school, and worked in the rice fields of his village.

He was the first person to leave his village in the early 1940s at the age of 16 or 17. He came to the United States after having found someone in California who he paid to "sponsor" him by claiming he was related. He changed his surname to that of his sponsor.

He moved to Stockton, California, and quickly found a job to earn money. He wasn't in the country very long before he found he was drafted to serve in the US Army during World War II. He was trained in Hawaii, then went to fight in the war. One of his commanders warned him to stay near him so that his own squadron wouldn't accidentally fire at him, mistaking him for Japanese.

Chuck Chow serving in World War II

After the war, he was stationed in Tokyo, Japan to work at the Imperial Palace.

When he finished his service in the military, he returned to California, then travelled back to his old village in Southern China where he took part in an arranged marriage to my Grandmother, May. She was only 16. He was 23. They had never met before they were married.

Chuck and May Chow, 1947

Chuck and May moved to Stockton together where they raised 4 children: Henry, Billy, Lani and Wesley.

Chow Family, 1953

Chow Family visiting Disneyland, 1961

My Grandfather worked as a butcher at the local Central Mart Grocery Store. He retired in the late 80s. He stayed in touch with, and always sent back money to his family's village in China.

My Grandparents were very active in the Chinese Community in Stockton, and was especially active within the Chow Association.

Proud Grandpa with Tiffini and Bruce, 1969

My Grandfather was a world traveler, and loved going to new places and learning about different cultures. My Grandparents took their first trip back to China, and their villages in Southern China in the early 80s. They took all of their children to their villages in 1987, then took another trip with their children, and 3 of their Grandchildren (including me and my sister) in 1992. When we were there, we were able to see the village that my Grandfather grew up in: the fields he worked in, the small room where he went to school, and even the tiny room in which he was born. We saw the new school building which he had helped fund, as well as the new village gate. We also met his mother, and were able to celebrate her 90th birthday with her, their village, and all of the neighboring villages.

Wesley, Chuck and Henry in front of Grandpa's Village Gate, 1987

Chow Family in China, 1992

Last year, in March of 2008, at the age of 86, my Grandparents were able to go on a trip with their two youngest Grandchildren, now in their 20s, to share their villages with them as well. My Grandfather loved the trip, was incredibly active, and walked the entire time.

My Grandfather shared his life with all of us by showing us where he came from, and the sacrifices he made for all of us by being brave enough to move the United States at age 16 to truly live the American Dream. I am eternally grateful for the opportunities that he has opened up for all of us.

My earliest memory of my Grandfather was probably when I was 3 or 4 years old. My family was living in Modesto, CA, and my Grandfather was visiting from Stockton. I remember that he brought two pairs of training chopsticks with him to teach my sister and I how to properly use them. One pair was pink, the other was blue. They were made of plastic, and had tiny little Chinese figurines on top of each stick. I remember his patience with me as he tried to explain the proper technique to a 4-year old.

I'm chuckling to myself as I recall another story from just a couple of years ago. My sister and I tried to visit my Grandparents every few months to take them out to lunch, and them run some errands (usually at Costco) afterward. We almost always had dim sum for lunch together. There was one time a couple of years ago when my Grandfather noticed that I was holding my chopsticks incorrectly. He had to teach me all over again the proper technique! :)

Whenever my sister and I would come for our weekday visits, we were able to observe one of my favorite and most endearing habits of my Grandfather: Every weekday at 3:00, he would drive to the Mall to meet his friends. They would go to McDonald's, order a senior discount coffee, sit down, and people watch together. He did this for years. Sometimes, I would call my Grandparents house in the afternoon, my Grandmother would answer, and she would always say that my Grandpa was "at the Mall". The memory of this still makes me smile.

Grandpa, Tiffie and Grandma ordering Dim Sum, 2008

My Grandfather lead a very full life - he was very active - socially, mentally and physically for more than 86 years. He really only slowed down due to his medical problems over the last few months.

My Grandfather was married to my Grandma for more than 62 years. On their 60th Anniversary, the entire family (that's 20 of us in total!) went to Las Vegas for a few days to celebrate together. What a great time it was. It makes me so happy knowing that we were all able to do that together.

Grandpa and Grandma celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary
April, 2007

My Grandfather was a great man. He shaped the lives of his wife, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. He allowed us all the ability to lead great lives full of opportunity and love.

Just a few months ago, at the end of August of this year, the entire gathered together to have a professional portrait taken. The last time we had a full-family portrait was in 1982 - we were long over-due. My Grandparent's children and grandchildren all chipped in to have the portraits taken as a gift to Grandma and Grandpa. I cannot express how glad we all are that we were able to have this done while Grandpa was still here with us.

The entire Chow Family (minus Cousin Bruce), August 2009

I am eternally grateful to have been able to have had my Grandpa in my life for over 39 years. He is tremendously loved, and will be forever missed.

Goodbye, Grandpa. I will always love you.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? & Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in anyway --- oh right, I *am* my own employer! ;)

© Copyright 2003-2007, Trina Chow